Jan 4, 2018
*** Maybe go to last paragraph and read why the photos are here, what they have to do with goals …and then come back here 🙂
Yada yada yada… 2017 already seems far away in the rear view mirror.
What did I /you/ we intend to accomplish in 2017 ? Hmmm, were those written down and reviewed within that past 10 days. Did I choose to be grateful for what I did accomplish? Did I do any personal work to resolve and start again?
I, like many folks have great intentions and goals that as years go by they seem less and less important …or attainable. Oops, I am sounding way to honest and negative to be posting those thoughts. With that said I am going to ( hopefully not ramble too much ) speak personally here. When I think back on 2017 I know the plan was to get major headway with THE CHEER PROJECT . So where is this at? TheCheerProject.com is up and running ( despite theme and plug in conflicts that took it down.) The Gallery -Portfolio is no where near where my intention for it was but a good start. The virtual tour concept of the entire Cheer experience is still my intention but have not been able to budget that yet. The program I enrolled in to help me get corporate sponsorship for the project has been educational, but not utilized as well as I had hoped.
I designed dirttodelicious.net as a show case to pull together my many gifts and areas of focus and also as an experiment to connect the dots of what I am up to and seeing if sharing it all here was valuable to me, and anyone else. A refresher on what that intention was:
- My artwork from The Cheer Project and photographs of things I grow arranged on my paintings.
- Making a visual and literary connection between my artwork and my varied streams of thought.
- My ongoing photography of anything else that I deem appropriate for any of my themes in relationship to “dirt to deliciousness”.
- My ongoing theme of learning and sharing ideas that relate to my personal experiences, research and trial and error re health and well being. Yep I mean going like feeling like dirt to feeling delicious.
- My ongoing theme of creating recipes and plan to write down and refine those recipes and photographing before eaten.
- Exploring having a blog spot on the web to write and post imagery that is eclectic in its nature yet multi theme based.
So with that said my evaluation of dirttodelicious.net for 2017 is this:
- I did not post anywhere near enough to call seriously active
- TheCheerProject.com took over in my time to focus on a web site and my learning curve with WordPress has become a project all of its own.
- I love having it as a spot to share
- It is still a mixed bag of multiple themes but is getting closer to working with my other sites and varied social media to cross reference
It is obvious to me that I have more goals and aspirations than time allows. But that is me… life long.
*** I am wondering how “the universe ” will respond this coming year between images of what I grow shot on paintings from the Cheer Project and The Cheer Project itself. I opened up this blog post with 3 images of mine that are showing at the art gallery of the Herberger Theater in Phoenix, Az. These three images are part of the show “Visual Feasting ” and will be there Through Feb 26, 2018. Yep stuff I grow on top of Cheer Project Paintings. Who knows, maybe just like how I was chosen by Scottsdale Cultural Council to create “Emergent” for Influx 6,after reviewing images of things that I grow photographed against my Cheer paintings… maybe I will again be commissioned to create more 5ft x 8ft images like I was with “Emergent”. If you want to see Emergent and hear more about it go to blog post
Here is to wishing all of you, all the best you can imagine and so much more. To use a wonderful affirmation phrase “this or something better ” 🙂